Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

These temples of ours. . .

Most of my adult life, I've focused on eating a balance of foods (what I like, what's good for me and sometimes what's not). Believe it or not, once upon a time I was a vegetarian and only put natural products on my skin and in my hair! The Whole Food market (called health food stores then) was a way of life. I felt physically and spiritually alive.

I don't have a weakness for sweets but REAL food! Namely, breads, flavorful entree combinations, and pasta/rice. Then there is working out . . . There are days, I'm convinced that exercise is not essential, but every year I'm blessed to see brings new changes in the 'body' that houses my spirit. I've embarked on a new journey of fitness and ask each of you who have made the same commitment: HOW DO YOU DO IT?

How do you work it into busy schedules, unexpected interruptions, days of 'just not feelin it'. . .

2 comments:

  1. Before, I made it a priority to place my workout clothes in the car and on my way from work, before getting home I would stop at the gym, give myself 45 minutes of work out and go home. If I got to the house there was no going out. At other times I would leave home 30 minutes earlier than what was required to get to work on time and workout. Working out in the morning was best for my mindset, but just getting in 30 -45 minutes really gave me what I needed. I didn't feel that I was taking away too much from the family if it was 3-5 days a week at only 30- 45 minutes intervals. Right now, its much harder to go for that walk the doctor prescribes, once I am up to snuff I pray I can get back into my workout regime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This July, I finally committed to working out three times a week at 6am. At first, i was like this is for the birds but once I started feeling better, having more energy or just being less tired at the end of the day, I've come to appreciate it. Now I must say that there are some days when I just don't want to exercise, especially Saturday mornings but I go anyway & usually there's a challenge during of the day. Working out on top of prayer improves my disposition. Setting aside this time for me allows me set a schedule for am prayer. Now, I just need to stay focused & avoid distractions that can interfere with the building up of my relationship with God & maintaining the temple He has generously provided me.

    ReplyDelete