Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

FAITH

What is faith? Over the years we've heard many explanations of what faith is and what faith isn't. In searching through my files, I came across something the Living Spirit of God dropped in my spirit some time ago. Hope you are blessed by it. . .

F fully focuses forward
A actively adjusts attitude
I inspires insightful interaction
T transforms trust
H holds heaven's hand

Hebrews 11:1 - By Faith We Understand "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

FAITH is an action word - it is more than 'waiting'. It is 'doing', 'depending...it is knowing at a spiritual level what is to come. There is confidence in this when you know who holds your future - The Lord God who is Almighty!! Praises be to His name.

2 comments:

  1. One of my most frequent prayer is to increase my COURAGE and increase my FAITH because they are intertwined. Today, I had to take a leap of faith regarding a financial issue that I had prayed about and I felt spirit lead but It took me close to 4hrs to build up enough courage to take that leap of faith. Once I followed through my anxiety decreased but how can I avoid the anxiety or hesitation that I have when it comes to putting Faith into Action? Is it still considered faith when you take that leap but you are scared half to death or doubtful initially? Does it get any easier or how can I make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will attempt to explain how I understand faith. It is doing and knowing. Doing what is necessary and knowing in your spirit that it is. What I mean is: you see a chair and know that when you sit in that chair it will be able to hold you. That's how I see my faith in God. I do what is necessary on my part knowing that God will do His.

    ReplyDelete